BP and Alfa-Access-Renova Group today announced the formation and membership of the Advisory Board that is intended to serve as the Board of Directors following the formal establishment of the new company later this year. They also named the Chief Executive Officer and other members of senior management and approved the name for the new holding company, which will be «TNK-BP».
The members of the Advisory Board are:
- Mikhail Fridman — Chairman, Alfa Group
- Rodney Chase — Advisor to Group Chief Executive, BP
- Tony Hayward — Chief Executive, Upstream, BP
- Viktor Vekselberg — Chairman, Renova and Chairman of the Management Board, TNK
- Len Blavatnik — Chairman, Access Industries
- Andy Inglis — Group Vice President, Upstream, BP
- Alex Knaster — Chief Executive Officer, Alfa Bank
- Patrick Chapman — Group Vice President and Treasurer, BP
- A member to be appointed by Alfa- Access- Renova
- Brian Gilvary — Group Vice President, Downstream, BP
The Advisory Board met for the first time in Moscow, March 11th 2003 and began making those decisions necessary for TNK-BP to be fully operative when the agreed transaction is closed. Decisions undertaken by the Advisory Board prior to the formation of TNK-BP are preliminary and subject to review and approval once the company and its Board of Directors are formally constituted.
Among the other steps taken, the Advisory Board endorsed the following appointments for TNK-BP:
Alfa Group Chairman, Mikhail Fridman was chosen as Chairman of the Advisory Board;
BP Group Vice President Robert Dudley was chosen as TNK-BP’s President and Chief Executive Officer.
Reporting to Mr. Dudley will be TNK’s German Khan as Executive Director, and Sidanco’s President Laurie Smyth as Chief Operating Officer.
The Advisory Board further endorsed a high-level TNK-BP organizational structure reporting to the top management of the company.
Reporting to President and CEO Robert Dudley, in addition to Messrs Khan and Smyth will be the following positions:
- Chief Financial Officer
- Vice President Support Services
- Vice President Planning and Performance Management
- Reporting to Executive Director German Khan
- Strategy and Business Development
- Chief Legal Counsel
- Government and Public Affairs
- Internal Audit
- Reporting to Chief Operating Officer Laurie Smyth
- Field Services
The Advisory Board also endorsed the formation of Audit and Compensation Committees, which are intended to report to the Board. Mr Rodney Chase was appointed Chairman of the Audit Committee. Messrs Vekselberg, Knaster and Chapman were also appointed to the Audit Committee. Mr Viktor Vekselberg was appointed Chairman of the Compensation Committee. Messrs Chase, Inglis and Blavatnik were appointed to the Compensation Committee.